Apr 21, 2013

iHanna DIY Postcard Swap




I joined the iHanna international postcard swap with an idea to make recycled postcards from contemporary materials ... but I got magnetically drawn to my collection of vintage National Geographics for inspiration. These images came from 1928. I have a large collection of vintage ephemera and I usually use the original images. I scanned these because I couldn't bear to part with them. In spite of scanning them I still could barely part with them! I used to make and send cards to my mom who passed away many years ago. Although its impossible to mail postcards to the "hereafter" I think I really made them for my mom. Her family came from Poland but she loved to dress in the latest American fashions. The rowboat is a reference to the house she lived in along the river. You can see more of my postcards on Flickr.



1 comment:

  1. Patti, I was just looking through all your postcards on flickr and they really really are amazing and sooo beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us, I understand how hard it is to part with your art sometimes. But keeping a digital copy helps a bit, I always do that!

    ReplyDelete